Pricing and the Sales Force is the first book to link pricing strategy and the sales force together. Pricing strategy is now well established as an important means of driving profits for many organizations. Countless companies are now mastering price-setting. But what about “price-getting” – converting those list prices into the realized sales, and as a result, greater profitability? This is the domain of the sales force.
A selection of the world’s leading specialists explore different aspects of sales force and pricing strategy integration:
- Introduction: overview on the state of the art
- Building key capabilities: best practices for building sales force capabilities in pricing and value quantification
- Engaging the sales force: driving organizational change processes with the sales force
- Designing effective selling processes: designing and implementing processes that enable superior performance
- Aligning sales force incentives and building the infrastructure: insights into how to align sales force incentive schemes; tools and instruments to enable the sales force to perform.
The third in Hinterhuber and Liozu’s successful pricing series, this book is essential reading for pricing strategy and sales scholars and practitioners.
‘Backed by field research and case studies, Hinterhuber and Liozu take complex pricing concerns, make them readily understandable, and propose solutions that managers can profitably implement…A must read for today’s results-driven sales professional!’ – James A. Narus, Professor of Business Marketing, Wake Forest University, USA
‘A must-read for any company that creates customer value but has realized that the sales force needs to be able to quantify that value so customers are willing and able to pay for it.’ – Todd Snelgrove, Chief Value Officer, SKF
‘If you want (and you should) to make your sales force more strategic, reading Pricing and the sales force is an absolute MUST.’ – Bernard Quancard, President and CEO, Strategic Account Management Association (SAMA)
About the Authors
Andreas Hinterhuber is a Partner of Hinterhuber & Partners (www.hinterhuber.com). He is also a Visiting Professor at USI Lugano, Switzerland and was acting chair and head of the Department of International Management at Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany.
Stephan M. Liozu is Assistant Professor of Management and Strategy at Chatham University, USA. He is also the founder of Value Innoruption Advisors (www.valueinnoruption.com), a consulting boutique specializing in the design and execution of value, pricing, and innovation strategies.
Routledge (September 25, 2015)
Pricing and the Sales Force